Chelsea holds a Master's of Arts in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling from George Fox University, and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Northwest Nazarene University. She strongly believes that healthy individuals result in healthy relationships and families and that emotion and attachment are the core issues to many of life struggles. Chelsea primarily works with couples and desires for all relationships to be trustworthy, committed and vulnerable, yet strong.
Chelsea acts as a catalyst to enable individuals and couples to:
- Be Firmly grounded in the present moment
- Embrace and accept vulnerabilities
- Acknowledge and understand emotions and how they lead to thoughts, reactions and behaviors
- Recognize and notice thoughts as thoughts
- Recognize and change destructive patterns within relationships
- Take responsibility and accept reality
- Understand and know oneself and one's partner
- Possess a relationship that is the way it's supposed to be-full of love, understanding, joy, acceptance and regular apologies
- Be self reliant, resilient, happy and fulfilled
- Live a wholehearted life
- And, create a family legacy of wellbeing that will be passed from one generation to the next
Chelsea's framework for therapy is largely based on a system known as Emotionally-Focused (Couples) Therapy, and she incorporates many different tools and styles in her therapy practice. Her philosophy is rooted in the truth that all individuals are capable of an empathic, supportive and genuine relationship. Her aspiration as a therapist is to bring deep understanding and healing to all individuals and couples. With Chelsea's practice of mindfulness meditation and her understanding of the human condition, she helps her clients embrace their vulnerabilities, take responsibility and live a wholehearted life.
Payment & Length of Services:
- $65 for 50 min individual therapy session
- $85 for 90 min couples therapy session
The fee for therapy is due at the time of service. Chelsea is an out-of-network provider and will provide you with a monthly statement to submit to your insurance company for out-of-network coverage. Contact your insurance provider before your first session to find out about your out-of-network coverage.
The sessions will be scheduled each week. The exact length of treatment is unknown; therefore we will meet weekly until we determine that our work in therapy together is complete.
Mindfulness Meditation Therapy Groups:
Are you anxious about the future? Ruminate over your past? Can't quite enjoy every day life due to your constant thinking and worrying? Chelsea's Mindfulness Meditation Therapy Group is your answer to creating a calm and peaceful presence.
If you are brand new to meditation, never tried it before, or are a regular practitioner, this group is for you.You will experience the foundations of Mindfulness Meditation, learn to notice and recognize emotions, thoughts, and bodily sensations as they arise, experience the pleasure of mindful eating, take a stroll through Portland's gorgeous nature on a mindful walk, hear from mindful experts, and become more centered and joyful. You will walk away from this group with tools and techniques that will serve you for the rest of your life.
Cost & Length of Mindfulness Meditation Therapy Groups:
- 6 weeks long
- 1.5 hours each week
- $150 for the entire group (about $25 per session)
Contact Chelsea for more information about up and coming groups!
To Schedule an Appointment:
Contact Chelsea at: Chelsea@hopeconnectioncounseling.com or Call/Text: (503) 908-4655