Tabitha combines a background in Acupuncture, Massage Therapy and her former training in Counseling Psychology to provide a safe place for people with high sensitivity (HSP-s), PTSD, anxiety or overwhelm to feel comfort in the knowledge that they are working with someone who gets their unique needs and will listen to what they want.
She has been especially effective working with:
- Individuals who are highly sensitive or get overstimulated easily.
- Stress that tends to manifest in the body as tight muscles, or triggering/worsening of chronic symptoms.
- Feelings of anxiety/depression/PTSD.
- Chronic pain: Back, neck, migraine and other muscular pains.
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, and IBS.
- Palliative and immune support for those dealing with life challenging illness such as cancer.
- Strange unexplained symptoms or sensations (often understood in Chinese Medicine).
- Feelings of being disconnected from the body or feeling emotions strongly in the body.
- Individuals who want to feel more grounded, even, and centered in their life.
If you have answered "yes" to one or more of these, it is likely that we are a good fit to work with each other. If you are interested, the next step is to schedule a FREE 15-20 minute session to answer any questions that you may have. If I feel you would be better served by someone else, I will do my best to give you a referral of someone who can.
Consults are available in person, by phone or online.
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, 2012: MAcOM (MA Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine)
Studies in Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine & Nutrition, Zen Shiatsu (Acupressure) & Tui Na (Chinese Orthopedic Massage). Oregon Board Licensed 2012.
Pacifica Graduate Institute, 2007: MA in Counseling Psychology
Focus on Jungian, Archetypal, Self-Psychology, & Imaginal Psychology.
Oregon School of Massage, 1994: Certificate in Massage Therapy
Oregon Board Licensed in 1994, #5104
Western Oregon University, 1990: BA Humanities
Major coursework in Foreign Languages & Social Science.
- Certificate Course in Matsumoto/Nagao (Japanese palpation-based) Style Acupuncture (2015-Currently in training)
- Certified Mogadao Morning Medical Instructor, 2014.
- Certified Thousand Hands Buddha Qi Gong Teacher by the Ling Gui Internaional Healing School, 2012.
- Integrative Koshi Balancing (Japanese Structural Acupuncture) Certificate Program (54hrs) with Jeffrey Dann and Junji Mizutani. Completed 3/10/13.
- Reiki Master, November 1998
- Certified Shiatsu (Acupressure) Practitioner 1995 (Jim Cleaver)
- Certified Master Tutor, College Reading and Learning Association, 1992.
Medical Qigong and Cancer Research: Exploring the potential benefist of 1000 Hands Buddha Qigong. OCOM Research Conference, 2012. Selected by Peer Review.
A Manifesto On The Inner Journey of Healing: Overcoming Unnecessary Pain To Be Who We Really Are. (Ebook, self-published, 2016).
The Value of Massage as an Adjunct to Psychotherapy in Community Health Settings. Master's Thesis for Pacifica Graduate Institute (March 31st, 2007).