- My journey toward becoming a therapist began when I was very young. I loved to read but found numerous stories with endings I did not like. I kept reading them, over and over, secretly hoping the ending would somehow be different. Today, as a therapist, I work to guide my clients toward creating the story they want to live with an ending they want to celebrate.
As a Child & Family Therapist, I believe the connections and attachments you develop throughout your life are what shape and mold you. These experiences create your worldview. Using this attachment foundation, we will address specific life challenges in a safe and trusting environment. You will become empowered, increase your self-esteem and enjoy fulfilling connections with others. We will work on behaviors, emotions, traumas, anxieties and "sticky" thoughts while creating a plan to move away from the pain and toward a comfortable and desired outcome. This may start at a young age (3-10) in which play therapy is used and is one of my specialties. As a Registered Play Therapist, my training and expertise in the field of Play Therapy is utilized to engage the entire family in creating changes in the family system.
I hold a Master's of Arts degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from George Fox University. I hold a Certification from the Association for Play Therapy as a Registered Play Therapist. I hold a Certification from the American Montessori Society as a Guide for 3-6 year olds.
Treatment Specialties Include:
- Child and Adolescent
- Filial/ChildParent Relationship Training
- Family: Divorced, blended, parenting concerns
- Military families
- Sexual, domestic, emotional abuse
- Self-esteem, self-harm
- Loss and grief
- Sexuality, gender
- Relationship Issues
Rates & Insurance
$100- $160 per 50 and 90 minute sessions. Flexible fee may be available.
- Regence BCBS and Health Care Management Administrators
- Reliant Behavioral Health
- Pacific Source
- Optum- Providence, United Behavioral Health
- Beacon EAP
- Anthem EAP
Other insurance panels I am an OON (out of network) provider and am happy to provide you with a monthly statement to submit for OON coverage.
I am a trained Prepare & Enrich facilitator. This curriculum includes an online assessment of a couples strengths and growth edges. This allows me to work with couples on co-habitation, pre-marital education and established couples needing counseling. I am also an EMDR therapist.
Liz belongs to:
AAMFT (American Association for Marriage & Family Therapists)
APT (Association of Play Therapy)
Liz Gregory is verified by Psychology Today
Follow me on my Facebook page
To schedule an appointment contact me at:
503-928-6542 or email@example.com
For more information on Play Therapy please click here